Careers, Education, Advice and Guidance at UCGS
Upton Court Grammar School ensured that all students fulfilled their academic and personal aspirations and became successful and engaged citizens.
Our careers programme, in addition to our academic and pastoral programmes, will support students to achieve the school’s mission through high quality careers education and guidance that equips them with the skills, knowledge and understanding to plan and manage their careers effectively.
• Prepare students for the transition to GCSEs and A-levels.
• Prepare students for the transition to life beyond secondary school (higher education and work).
• Develop students’ awareness of the wide variety of education, training and career opportunities both locally and nationally.
• Support students in making informed decisions which are suitable and ambitious.
• Develop characteristics such as communication, resilience and leadership which support students in the curriculum and in their careers.
• Promote equality of opportunity, celebrate diversity and challenge stereotypes to inspire and motivate students.
• Ensure that all students leave the school to enter employment, further education or training.
Who is responsible for careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG?
The Assistant Head of School (Mr Murdoch) and the Careers Coordinator (Ms Briggs) manage the implementation of the CEIAG programme. However, a range of people contribute to achieving the aims of the programme. These include: school governors, the senior leadership team, subject teams, pastoral teams, external agencies such as Slough Borough Council and parents.
What we do
We are committed to providing our students with a careers programme that meets all of the 8 Gatsby benchmarks. Our programme is delivered through a combination of methods including:
|Ad Astra - Reach for the Stars|
|Information for School Leavers|
|Target Careers Paths to Professional Careers|
|Work Experience Parental Consent Form|
|Year 10 Work Experience|